I started my search for How to make dry fruits powder for babies and toddlers months ago, tried a few but wasn’t satisfied with the results. I tried a lot of combinations but they were not so tasty, this one turned out to be so perfect with a dash of nutmeg.
Dry Fruits are one of the best Weight Gaining Foods & Immunity Building Foods for babies and toddlers. This powder can be given to babies, toddlers and children of all ages and even adults too.
When to start dry fruits powder for babies?
You can start dry fruits for babies after 8 months of age, although WHO advises to start all foods after 6 months. Please start in small quantities to check if your baby is tolerating the nuts and dry fruits. If your paediatrician gives the go, you can even start dry fruits powder for 6 months baby.
How to make Dry Fruits Powder For babies?
1. Dry Roast Badam, Pista and cashews. If you wish to use peeled almonds, soak the almonds in boiling water for 60 seconds. Then, drain the almonds in a colander and rinse them with cold water. Peel the skin after blotting them dry with a paper towel. Then add it for dry roasting.
2. In a pan heat the saffron strands till their colour turns little darker and switch off the gas.
3. Grate the nutmeg into powder.
4. Powder all the roasted ingredients together in a mixie. Add the nutmeg powder and turmeric at the last and give a spin.
5. Take care not to grind for a long time as the dry fruits will leave oil.
6. Don’t expect a very dry powder.The powder will be little sticky to oily nature of the nuts.
7. Store them in a airtight container in the fridge.They can be stored for about 1 month.
No time to prepare this powder at home? Don’t worry, we prepare it hygienically and ship it to your doorstep
How to use the Dry Fruits Powder
How to give dry fruits powder for babies ?
1. Dry Fruits Powder can be given to babies above 8 months.
2. Please follow the 3 day rule, add a 1/4 teaspoon of the dry fruits powder to porridge then next day too same amount and then increase it to half teaspoon of powder.
3. The Dry Fruits Powder Can be added to Porridges, pancakes, Rotis, desserts.
Dry fruits powder for 1 year baby and above
It can be given to older kids with milk. It serves as a good energy drink.
2 or 3 teaspoon of the powder can be mixed in hot or chilled milk for kids.
Update: We have also put together a video so you can see the step-by-step process in action!
Can we give dry fruits powder for weight gain for babies ?
Yes Dry fruits powder help in weight gain in babies. They are energy dense and nonfattening and so dry fruits powder are perfect weight gaining food for babies and toddlers.
It is rich in Vitamin C, Iron and Magnesium.
If you find this article on How to make dry fruits powder for babies useful, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ for regular updates.
If you have any queries as How to make dry fruits powder for babies? Do leave a comment below, will get back ASAP 🙂
How to make Dry Fruits Powder For Babies easily at Home?
This dry fruits powder is one of the best healthy weight gaining food for babies.from votes Print Pin
Dry Roast Badam, Pista and cashews.
In a pan heat the saffron strands till their colour turns little darker and switch off the gas.
Grate the nutmeg into powder.
Powder all the roasted ingredients together in a mixie. Add the nutmeg powder and turmeric at the last and give a spin.
Take care not to grind for a long time as the dry fruits will leave oil.
Don't expect a very dry powder.The powder will be little sticky to oily nature of the nuts.
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge.They can be stored for about 1 month.
Do not grind to get a finer powder as it will become a fine paste the !!
It can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 month.
When needed to add a teaspoon of the powder to porridges, milks, sweets, rotis for children
Frequently asked questions on How to make dry fruit powder for babies
How do you make dry fruit powder for babies?
We have covered step by step procedure to make dry fruit powder for babies in this article.
Can we give dry fruits powder to babies?
Yes, Dry fruits powder can be given to babies above 8 months of age.
Which dry fruit is best for baby?
The best dry fruit for babies is almonds followed by cashews and pista.
How do I make dry fruit powder for my 11 month old?
Please follow our step by step recipe for making dry fruit powder for 11 month old baby. You can also add walnuts to the mix.
Buy Healthy Nutritious Baby, Toddler food made by our own Doctor Mom !Shop now!
Rotating Hydraulic Cylinder Exporters Flame Retardant Knit Fabric 36 Cell Solar Panel Cast aluminum furniture parts high voltage cable wholesale fruit powder tempered float glass Different Kinds of Camping Chairs Wholesale Camping Chairs rubber oil seal nitrile cleanroom gloves Mercedes Benz Brake Discs and Pads scuba mask wholesale Wholesale 104 Holes Plant Starter Trays for sale Achromatic Lens Aromasin Powder